Friday, June 4, 2010

Just a Thought..

One of my best friends is from Nanjing, China.. And he takes immense pride in being from there. He often tells me, how Beijing is only the recent capital and Nanjing has always been the Capital city of China.. And Nanjing actually even today is so much better than Beijing if you go and see it.

So I got curious to know more about it and did a search on Wiki.. my favorite search engine.. and what I found most was the Rape and Killing in Nanjing during WW2. I wonder why he never mentioned about it to me, because few months later when I mention how he took real pride in being from Nanjing to one of my other close Chinese friend, the first thing she mentioned me was how the 'Freaks' from Japan raped whole city of Nanjing during WW2. It was heartbreaking. And I said to her 'YA YA!!! I read about it on internet, I know it, but he, who is from Nanjing always hide it from me, he never says it to me or talk about it with anybody!'

No comments:

Post a Comment